Welcome to Life Documented Week 26 with Louise Mairs






Hi everyone! Louise here, and I am really privileged to be your guest on the blog for week 26!

Monthly Theme : Art marks and doodles

QUOTE : Life is the flower for which LOVE is the honey
               Victor Hugo.

PROMPT: print and stencil marks on the background. 

TECHNIQUE: Use doodles to colour in areas.

I started by collaging random pieces of printed paper on my page.
I like to do this as it gets me started and the white paper isn’t so intimidating!


I then used textured sheets, some I made, some I bought, and used them with my small gel plate to print on top of the collaged paper.
I tried to fill in the spaces with interesting marks, by rolling acrylic paint on the gel plate and pressing the texture into it. 



Using my inks, I sprayed through stencils, wiping away some areas with a babywipe.
                              



Now the fun part! Using a ‘Lamy’ fountain pen (medium) I drew the flowers in the garden, and the bee from a photo that I had taken a couple of days ago. I doodled inside the shapes and outside too, using posca pens and acrylic paint.


When I was happy that I had put enough marks and doodles on the page, I added white gesso to the top part so that the lettering could be seen more clearly! I was pleased that the background could still be seen faintly underneath.

Thanks for watching and I look forward to seeing what you all do this week!
             

Here’s the materials I used:


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Life Documented-Week 23 with Suz

Welcome to Life Documented Week 24 with Claire Ann