Welcome to Life Documented Week 39 with Julie Leggett


Week 39 with Julie Leggett
Theme: Admit your happy do what makes you happy






Quote: The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise.  It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.
Ashleigh Montague

Prompt :
Use distress inks to make your journal page background and add pockets to represent what makes you happy.  I have decided to do seven pockets which represent family, art,Christmas,  birds and nature, sewing, tea and friends. .so many things make us happy ; I could have done lots more.... it is up to you on the amount of pockets.

Supplies and equipment used:
Tim Holt distress inks:
The colours I used are barn door,  worn lipstick, spiced marmalade and peacock feathers.
Scrap paper and cards stock 
Stamps
Scissors
Hole punch
Washi tapes
Glue pritstick
Ink sponge
Ribbons assorted wool
Sewing machine
Typewriter 
Stencils



I applied the inks using a sponge applicator, making sure that it was clean of other colours.  I used the darker inks around the edge of the pages  and alternated the colours forming a cloud like look.  

I decided to stencil over the top of this with the darker ink (barn door).
For those that don't have distress inks I leave it to you to produce your own background choice.





I then moved onto making pockets to add onto the pages, this was so much fun and the options are endless. I used paper and used the sewing machine to create pockets, stamped paper, fabric and other embellishments were used.

I have a good stock of happy mail bits and pieces I could use, felt really good to use them.  I made tags and ATC's to put into the pockets and will enjoy adding to them.  I prepared the back of two tags to document my diary for the week.  


I arranged the pockets over the two journal pages.  I have recently been involved in producing pockets/ wallets for happy mail and this inspired me to do this page..I do hope you enjoy doing it as much as I have.






These are the tags I used to document my week.
I really look forward to seeing what everyone does.  I love surprises that you find in packages and pockets.
This is my completed journal page - I have really enjoyed it and I hope you do to!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Life Documented-Week 23 with Suz

Welcome to Life Documented Week 24 with Claire Ann

Welcome to Life Documented Week 26 with Louise Mairs